Art Store Mania

I went to an art store a few days ago. I was originally planning on driving to a Michael's which is about 45 minutes away when I realized there was an art store in town. So I ventured out and found it. I left $45 later with three large bags of goodies: 2 large blocks of Sculpey-type clay 50cents each, clay tools, a clearance sticker maker + cartridge for $2, odds and ends, and two green organizer shelves made out of recycled material. I originally saw these shelfy/drawery things at an auction. I really liked them but the big was higher than I had to spend. These were exactly the same brand and style...on clearance. So needless to say I am very tickled about it all.
When I got married, I made my own cake-topper and everyone loved it. In fact, everyone still loves it and still talks about it which made me think, Self? I should really consider making some more and possibly selling them. So that's what I plan to do. And if I make some other silly things out of bakeable-clay, so be it.

Comments

robyn said…
do I sense an etsy store approaching? Please, please, please.
The cake topper is awesome. rock on!

Popular Posts