Creative Journey

This weekend, I explored a little more of the area with Jen and another Marine Wife named Monique. We ventured out to Greenville, the city where the local University is. Our goal was to have a creative day on Saturday. We ended up having a creative day Saturday and Sunday which didn't bother any of us. Both days were beautiful, sunny, and perfect. Saturday we found a Michael's and got a variety of things for making clay beads. We mostly did that in the evening (I got to use the stuff I got at the art store last week) and then Sunday after Church, Jen showed us how to make glass beads with her blow torch: pretty much the coolest thing ever. Besides all the other things that I name "the coolest thing ever." Because those are very cool too. But this was exceptionally cool. Nothing like being hooked up to a tank of propane and playing with an open blue flame. Ahhhh...good times. I made 3 beads, one of which exploded. Oops. My first bead seems to be stuck on the rod I melted it on so I'm not sure if I get to keep that one or not. But the third turned out perfectly. My fascination with glass and marbles is thickening. We also ended up making more out of clay. I made a few pendants which turned out pretty cool. Still playing around with them though. What to do with them, what to do with them! All in all, it was quite possibly a perfect weekend. I got to sleep in, I got to go to church, I got to enjoy the company of creative people and indulge in our creative efforts and journeys. What more could I ask for? Oh yeah...my husband back in town...and a house...and a kitten. But those things will come soon. Patience, my pretty.

Comments

robyn said…
gah! You got to work with hot glass?!?! I am so jealous. This is one of those things I've wanted to do for years. Fortunately a place just opened up in town and I think I'm gonna take a class with some friends. Unfortunately, taking a class with friends is not as cool as a friend already having the equipment and showing me how to do it for free. I want to see what you made. Share, share, share.

Popular Posts