Bang Gangers

Okay so...somehow this blog was never published....since JUNE LAST YEAR. And it made me smile. So...I'm posting it now! Who knows...maybe it DID get published and somehow a draft was created ALSO and now I have TWO "Bang Ganger" posts. Oh well. Here we go:
My coworkers and I made a discovery yesterday. I mentioned the fact that I've been wanting to get bangs recently. Turns out both of THEM have been wanting bangs too. So we decided we should all get bangs and go by the title the "bang gangers." Hey it fits. Soooo...I got my hair cut yesterday and got bangs. Just a side sweep sorta thing. I'm still getting used to them and completely did a horrible job doing them today cuz I feel like Cousin It...or some similar creature. BUT...I do still love them and I just need to use some more product to keep them out of the eyes.
On another note...I feel a deep need to say something...something I strongly believe and think everyone should consider before proceeding with wedding planning:
I don't believe in children being a part of weddings.
I know. I'm an ass...but really? I've been to and seen too many weddings that the focus is completely drawn away from the whole POINT of the wedding i.e. the couple saying their vows because little Lydia is prancing in the aisle. This brings us to the obvious point that whoever or whereever Lydia's parents are, they should have had that child's hand cemented to their own in the first place. Regardless. And secondly...if they didn't...they should have enough discipline to teach Lydia when prancing about is acceptable and when it's NOT. And...whether Lydia is the dang flower girl (which by the way I also DO NOT believe in) or not...running free is a no no and it will be stopped if I have anything to do with it. Now...in my defense...I will say I'm speaking of VERY small children. I think a child around 7 years old should have enough discipline taught and enough understanding to GET that this is a big deal and being a goof isn't an option (at least I understood that at that age). But when someone expects their two year old to walk down the aisle with as much repose as the bridesmaids...think again and get your head checked. OH...and my favorite is when Lydia is already causing the commotion during the ceremony and her mother FINALLY realizes "Oh! Where's Lydia? She was JUST beside me! OH there she is...how cute..." (Commonly, Lydia's mother turns out to be a bridesmaid and the bride figured it would be easy to just have Lydia be the flower girl since her mom will be RIGHT there and can watch her...and mom just assumes that Lydia will stay standing up front during the entire 30 minute ceremony without any instruction or hand holding, a two year old just naturally happy to be a part of the wedding...WRONG.) (Also...this photo is by Laluz Photography...click to be directed to their site.) Mother-of-Lydia then proceeds to whisper loudly to Lydia during the progression of things...
"Do you Adam Steven Wilder take Elizabeth Frances--"
"Lydia! Lydia!"
"Uhh...ehem...Frances Smith...to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I D--"
"Lydia!"
"...I DO."
"Lydia!"
"...*sigh*...uhh...do you Elizabeth Frances Smith take Adam--"
"Lydia!"
"...wtf...Adam Steven--"
"Lydia!"
You get the picture. HATRED...oh I hate it so much. It makes my eyes bulge and my pulse rage cuz I get SO angry when people don't watch their dang kids ESPECIALLY...at a friggin WEDDING!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! *sigh*
So...my conclusion and theory is...children and weddings mix about as well as Coke zero and Malibu rum (which, as it turns out, isn't much at all...ask me about it) and so I've decided to begin the revolution of childless weddings by not having a child be my flower girl...if I even end up having one. My flower girl(s) will be a minimum of 12 years of age. If you all think I'm crazy, find a wedding where they have kids in the processional. Although I WILL say...if the kids are allowed to sit down after they walk the aisle sometimes that can be okay. SOMETIMES. But you better watch yourself. And if you think this all is super cute and you WANT a flowergirl to prance about during your vows...cool. Good for you. Go for it. I guess I'm just made from a different mold that appreciates the sanctity of marriage and the importance of the moment. What a weirdo.
That's my rant for today. I completely thought of TONS of things to write about yesterday and this morning and once I got here...ALL gone. Not sure where they went. Hopefully they will return.
And back to our regular time frame.

Comments

Popular Posts