Rough Draft

I'm off to a semi rough start this morning. Let me explain:
Yesterday we moved into the temporary base housing. It's cheaper and more convenient for John for work. It also doesn't have an AC that's possessed. But the beds gave me a back ache...so...you gotta weigh which is more important. Sleep...or your back. Hmmm...I'll have to get back to you on that one...
There is internet in the rooms. However...it doesn't seem to work. We heard there was wireless in the building as long as you were near the lobby. So for work this morning I headed to the lobby and parked myself in the conference room because there's no other space available. This has proved to be a bad choice of location as it 1. got high volumes of traffic in the morning due to a meeting upstairs and people getting lost 2. The couches accentuate the pain of my back. Joy. And the grand finale 3. I just broke a couch. Yes, people, you heard correctly. A couch. I broke it. I don't know how or why or...how...but I did. Is this the fates trying to tell me I'm overweight? Doubtful because I know I'm not. All I know is...I was doing nothing violent (stretched and yawned from lack of coffee*) and then POOF the couch collapsed awkwardly to the right and I found myself reclining on a non-reclining couch. Not a good sign. I had felt the whole thing wobble a little bit earlier but I thought maybe they had put wheels on the legs or something so it was easier to move around. Not so much. Basically the leg split in half. I panic-ly rammed the leg back under the couch and balanced it so it looked normal (I'm so bad) and sat on a different couch that, thankfully, feels much more sturdy. Hopefully this room isn't used much...hope hope.
*In other news, I finally ran across a REAL coffee shop that served (mostly) real coffee! Port City Java. I'm ecstatic with this discovery. Simply...relieved. I was starting to worry normal coffee shops didn't exist in the south. But this one seems to have proven itself mostly. I say mostly because a few things were a tad odd. 1. There was no "mocha" on the menu. There was a Mochacinno or a MochasomethingaratherIcan'tremember. After asking the barista, I learned that a Mochacinno has espresso and a MochasomethingaratherIcan'tremember just has coffee. Okay. Random. Then...2. There was something advertised on the menu that caught our attention. I wish I could remember the wording but it was something like "Seattle style Creamrilla" or something equally uniquely named. John turned to me and asked if I had ever heard of it. I said no. So...pretty much some poor NC coffee lover is going to venture to the big city of Seattle and excitedly order a "Creamrilla (or whatever it was called)" and be met with mockery and blank cow-in-head-lights stares. Poor fella. BUT...other than those two tiny details...I quite enjoyed my white "mochacinno" and it actually DID taste like a white mocha!
So I'm happy. Oh yeah and 3. They had 2 sizes. Tall and Presto...or Prevo...or...something other than Grande or Vente. I am a snob about a few things: coffee, drawing paper, lead (mechanical pencils), manners, and...probably a few other things...but coffee is a big one. I'm glad to say other than a few differences (and who ever said differences are bad?), Port City Java passed the test and is officially a good coffee shop to my standards.
Ok go away now. I'm cranky.

Comments

Popular Posts