My Little Pony

If I didn't already mention it, I've been through the ringer trying to get access to military bases. When we were still in Washington, we were told we couldn't get permanent base access stickers for my car until I changed my name on my title, registration, and loan. Which is understandable. But when you're in a time-crunch, that becomes a whole lot less simple...if it was ever simple to begin with. Which I am thinking NOT.
Last week I tried desperately to make some progress in this department. For a variety of reasons. The main one being...I'll need access to base for the next 3+ years. Probably a good thing to get done at some point. Another reason is John is leaving next week and will be gone around 5 weeks. This wouldn't be an issue if we hadn't moved on base into temporary housing for the time being. But we did...which means I'm either a. stuck on base for 5 weeks straight or b. need to renew a pass every week or so...or c. get my stickers taken care of. Which means changing my title. And registration. And loan. I know. A lot of information for NO real reason. Bear with me.
After 3 calls to a call center in India (definitely John's FAVORITE thing) and 2 calls to the DMV, I realized this wasn't an easy task and would take some head crackin' to get done. The call center in India (aka my auto loan holder...oh joy) required certain paperwork from the DMV. The DMV however had never heard of ANY of the paperwork mentioned by the Indian call center. NADA. After going back and forth and finally sicking John on them...I was starting to lose hope. But I was pleasantly surprised Friday. Friday I had to go on base to get John which meant getting a temporary pass. When I did the lady said she might be able to give me stickers if I could prove I had the minimum insurance coverage required on base. Stickers? Without changing my name and title and registration and selling my soul? SAWEEET.
John and I went in again yesterday. I wasn't able to get stickers...but only because it was rainy. They said to come back on a dry day and they'll hook me up. I told John I hope it's a pony sticker. He responded as he usually does when I say something stupidly ditzy just to get a reaction. He stared at me blankly and changed the subject. Sometimes I wonder what he wonders about me. :)

Comments

Popular Posts