Currency

I really feel the need to write about what is current. I will try to continue to gradually tell our roadtrip story...but a lot is going on and I feel the need to share. This is what is current:
We are buying a house. We arrived Saturday and it's Tuesday and we just made an offer on a house. Some things happen very, very quickly. Please keep us in your thoughts, prayers, and crossed fingers as we pursue this very, very large purchase.
New Bern is beautiful. It reminds me of South Royalton, the town I lived in between ages 0 and 4. But definitely larger and more populated and more is available in the community. It's definitely a change in scenery. But it's a very good change.
The weather is beautiful, the water is soft, the breeze is constant. I can't wait to have a home here to start settling into.
I had my first small dose of home-sickness last night. We are still staying in a hotel and someone flushed a toilet upstairs...which sounded just like my house back in Poulsbo when you're sitting in the basement watching a movie and someone uses the bathroom upstairs. I know it's silly but it triggered my brain and I found myself missing my mom and not knowing where I was in my sleepy stupor. It's funny how something that small can make you feel just that: so small. Like a little kid. Thankfully it passed. And I slept. Restlessly again. I've talked to my mom every day since we arrived so it's been easier than it normally would be.

Comments

Popular Posts