Lucky

I found myself feeling very proud today. I was reading a blog on the mywedding.com blog about keeping costs down and being creative instead of spending a butt load of money (that wasn't the exact wording but gimme a break, my day is almost over...I'm tired). And after reading a few ideas, I started thinking about my own wedding and realized how relieved I was that we didn't spend thousands and thousands. I am so proud of how little we spent and yet...still had an amazing wedding. I couldn't have done it without everyone's help. From Gretchen's beautiful invites to her sister-in-law's amazing flower skills to my Aunt Laurie's jaw-dropping generosity in hosting and pretty much doing the entire reception to my mom patiently stitching my dress so it wouldn't be too long while I had an emotional break down...I realized John and I were too out of it to make a "thank you" toast at our wedding. So I'd like to dedicate this blog to God, to my mom and dad, my wonderful friends, old and new, my family, and all the special people who made our wedding pretty much...as perfect as it could be. Thank you for all your work, prayers, help, support, your beautiful words at our reception, and especially to everyone who cried during our ceremony. It showed us that our wedding wasn't just another wedding but it truly had deep meaning, power, and the "movement" we were hoping for. As cliche as it sounds...Love really can change the world. This kind of love. I am very Lucky. Or as I like to say...Blessed.
Today we have been married a grand total of 2 months. It is ALSO St. Patrick's Day. Feel Lucky and don't get pinched!

Comments

Popular Posts