Therapy in a Can

The song 'Bad Day' by Daniel Powter is the sort of song that makes you want to scream when you actually DO have a bad day. Or throw something. Or all of the above. Yesterday...I'll just say it wasn't the best of days. It wasn't really one main thing. All things met together and decided to contribute to a suck-day. Thankfully by the evening it wasn't so horrible.
I've been facing the strangest phenomenon. I'm fully aware that living in the south means giving up the availability of good coffee on every street corner. But it has somehow infested my home and started affecting my own drip coffee. I am enjoying my daily morning cup of coffee less and less. And it's really getting to me. I'm not doing anything wrong. I've tried decreasing the amount of grounds and increasing the amount of grounds. All I know is a few weeks ago it tasted fine. And now it tastes horrible. And I haven't had this coffee long enough for it to go bad. So...mysterious indeed. What I'd give for a REAL cappuccino.
Last night I began the never-ending task of picking out paint. I want to paint our house. And I am at a stand-still. I did make a lot of progress and got several rooms nailed. But the whole living room/dining room/kitchen is throwing me off severely. In order to get this job done, I need a taller ladder...which I won't buy. I'm hoping one of my neighbors has one considering they both painted their homes. And their ceilings should be just as tall as mine. So here's hoping. I tried using one of those virtual painting programs online that lets you play with color schemes. The first one I tried was very confusing and almost impossible to figure out. The second one didn't let you upload your own photo but let you just recolor an already set "kitchen" or "bathroom." Unfortunately, none of them really applied to the sort of look I needed to experiment with. So I went back to the confusing program and half way figured it out...until it crapped out on me. Then I just canned the internet and retouched color in my own photo-editing program. That sort of worked. But wasn't all that encouraging. So now...I'm pretty much sure I need to get that ladder. Leaving walls blank won't really work. Sigh...either way I just need to start painting...get my mind off some things...therapy in a can.

Comments

Popular Posts