Feel Pretty

Some of you who know me know I am a very different person...for a variety of reasons. But many of those reasons are very interesting. There are a few odd things about me that don't possess a meaningful reason and are just random. For example, I dislike sweaters. I actually love how most sweaters look and ooh and ahh over sweaters in stores with my friends...and I genuinely like them. But I would never buy them. Sweaters and me just don't mix. I am still not entirely sure why. Just can't STAND wearing them. Another thing is the word "purse." I never call my "purse" a "purse." It is a bag. I carry my bag everywhere. I do not carry my "purse" everywhere. It's just the way I am. Loathe that word. Perhaps this contributed to my following oddity but I'm not sure: I've never had an interest in designer bag companies. Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Prada, etc. etc. etc. I don't even know why. I just don't really like them. I own one piece of Coach. It was given to my by my dear friend and coworker as a going away present when I most recently moved. I love it. It's quite possibly the only piece of Coach that fits me. MY personality. But all others...not so much. I think part of the whole thing is the insane craze some women go through for such things. I like to like things either before they're in style...or after. If everyone is listening to Maroon 5, I'm going to wait until their album is no longer played on the radio to listen to it for myself. If everyone is buying Apple Bottom Jeans, I'm going to skirt my way around any store that carries them for...say...a decade. I like to wear my own thing. I occasionally do the "crowd" thing. But usually...it's just me. And I dig it that way.
Last weekend, I bought my first piece of fine designer leather. I thought it was Italian but turns out it's German (how appropriate after Oktoberfest). I'd never heard of the brand before and neither had Monique (who also bought a fabulous designer bag). But I'm in love. It's a dark rosy pink and smells amazing and makes me feel...as Gretchen put it...grown up. Sophisticated. Like a lady. But I still feel comfortable carrying it with jeans. Which makes it the best kind of bag. I got it for steal of a deal at TJMaxx (how I love thee) and am happy every time I carry it around. Maybe this is why girls like Coach and Prada and Tiffany's. It makes us feel pretty. It really doesn't MATTER...bags, jewelry, roses, whatever. Which is why I would never pay full price. But it makes us feel pretty.

Comments

Popular Posts