Oktoberfest, Jah.

I've made some new friends. And no this is not one of them.
My friend Stephanie hooked me up with several girls that live in my neighborhood (get your mind out of the gutter). I was thrilled to meet some people nearby who were outside my normal group of friends (branching out is GOOD) and tonight was my first real HANGOUT time with them: an Oktoberfest party. The party was a skip down the street from my house so I walked myself over there with my beer and enjoyed getting to know some of my "neighbors" a little better. As we all know, beer can always make friends fast (and don't go thinking I'm some drunk...it's a fact...unless you're a mean drunk...then that statement is entirely untrue) and although I felt I was pretty quiet most of the evening, I really just enjoyed listening to everyone's conversation and enjoyed laughing a lot. We sampled several beers and enjoyed excellent German foodies, had a tent putting-up contest, and threw some wieners around (just when you thought you were following me...BAM! Curve ball!!) and enjoyed laughs around their fire pit. Summary? Good night. I'm excited to get to know them better as I do more with them. And speaking of good night, it's late. I have more to say but it will have to wait...and it can...since it's of a different subject and I have a nasty habit (which I fully and gladfully embrace (gradfully...new word for you) to its full extent) of changing subjects randomly. You know you love it. You really do. But THIS time my dearies...you'll just have to wait.
So good night.

Comments

Kristi said…
Glad you enjoyed Oktoberfest! You never know what to expect with us: beer, wiener tosses, camping all in one night? Oh yes!

Popular Posts