Facebook

Last night I watched 'How to Lose Friends and Alienate People'...and then found myself feeling very lonely. Derrr...wonder why?
Do you ever just want to smack someone over the side of the head? Silly question. Silly me. Of course you do. I'm sure there's a lot more you'd like to do too. Because you're like me. Human. And people are people. Which means they're assholes (pardon the language...there might be more...just warning people).
I watched a youtube video a few weeks ago that was very humorous and was titled something similar to "Don't let facebook ruin your relationship." And it was just that. It was an argument built up around things you can do on facebook. Oh man, now I have to find it.
So on with our story. As funny as this video is, the thing that really MAKES it funny...is it's all true. You know you've probably thought some of those things before. And if you haven't...you're either single...or don't spend 30% of your day on facebook (ok more).
Here is my facebook issue: I have to physically hold myself back from posting certain things. Sassy remarks, diss', straight up beat downs (is that an oxymoron?), and the like. I don't like rude people and when I encounter rude people, I almost forget the fact that being rude to rude people doesn't necessarily stop rude people from being even more rude. But sometimes it's sooooo hard to resist giving a come back. Or simply standing up for a friend when people are being bitches. My hands are so much better equipped at come backs than my mouth sometimes which is why I love to write. Not because I can give people the smack down...that came out wrong. But this is a daily struggle...fighting to stop from typing things that might cause even MORE drama than the drama I'm trying to diss.
For example, today's tempting remarks I wanted to leave on facebook but never did were "Oh yeah let me know the next time you have an unpleasant experience and I'll do my best to rub it in your face..." or... "How I pity the children that have to play with your child (not that I don't already) if that is the sort of behavior you promote and encourage in your family. Classy!"...or the old favorite "You both are ASSHOLES!!" But I was good. I'm very proud of myself. I held my tongue and I left it short and simple. And two words. And no it wasn't those two words. Or those. Or those. Stop guessing.
Sigh...so to the point? People are rude and they suck sometimes. But I try my best not to stoop to that level...even if it's hard not to want to smack people over the side of the head.
I apologize for the cursing. I also apologize if you are the person I was writing about. But you'll probably never know. And you really were an ass.

Comments

Popular Posts