Mums the Word

A few weekends ago I went to the Mum Fest here in Eastern North Carolina. Ironically, there were very few Mums and I took a grand total of zero photos of any of them. I spent most of the day guzzling orangeade (which was amazing) and lemonade (which was less than amazing) and enjoying the beautiful sun...and being overwhelmed and blindsided by the heat. It's been pretty cool here lately so a day of mid 80's possible 90's was very odd. I looked through my pictures after the event and all photos stopped after we went into a model train display building. I'm not entirely sure why I stopped taking pictures. Partially I think is because I began dropping food on myself. I dropped half my gyros on my sandal-ed feet (sick) and then later dropped lemonade all over myself and my friend and almost got a puppy as well. I don't know how I do these things but...I have a real talent for them. I should join a circus. The other reason I believe I stopped taking pictures is because...well...the model train display was friggin AWESOME. And after that we had no need for photos of anything else. No sir. (And yes, the Godzilla above was at the same train display. Monique requested a picture of it.)
After wandering aimless for several hours and being disappointed in most of our food, we decided to call it a day and took off. Well...at the fastest rate we could. It was bumper to bumper traffic all the way out of New Bern and we sat in that for forever. After that we headed out to Morhead City and spent the rest of the day there.
And that brings me to the subject of couches. Don't ask me why. It just does. I have new couches. Not literal "out of the box" new but new to me. And I am excited about them. You see, the previous couch we bought turned out to be somewhat of a lemon. And this made me very sad. But the worst part about it was...everyone who came over felt inclined to lean on the back of the couch (it wasn't up against a wall) and being a crappy couch to begin with, that makes things just ten times worse. One fateful day, John's step-dad leaned on it and we all heard a giant crack. No, the couch hadn't broken. But that was the last straw. I decided we needed to get rid of the couch and get something sturdier. If we were going to live here and not move for the next 10 years, I wouldn't care all that much. But being in the military, we are going to move. And I can almost guarantee that that couch would not survive another move. So kickity split onto craigslist it went, got sold and voila, no more couch. I bought my friend Katrina's couches and they are now sitting happily in my living room. Do I love them? Yes. And they are much better quality than the previous one. And yes...notice I said 'they' as in plural. There is a couch and a loveseat. AND a coffee table. So yes. Beyond stoked, I am.

Comments

Popular Posts