My Favorite Things

I love my job. Few people have to ask me this. It's a known fact that I like to announce often, sometimes just to myself. I've worked for mywedding.com for nearly 2 years and it has been my #1 most rewarding job yet. I love all my coworkers, my bosses, the company itself, the office (that I miss dearly), and of course...what I do on a day-to-day basis. Any job can get boring at times and sometimes I get stir crazy...but I feel so blessed to have this job...a little boredom being stuck at home is endurable. When John asked me to marry him, it was by far one of the most exciting and emotional days of my life. I won't say the happiest...because every day since that day has been happier than the one before. And that is not just a cliche line. It's the truth. I am more in love with my husband today than I was yesterday. The only twinge of sadness I experienced when it started to sink in that we were getting married was moving away from family and my work...and possibly having to give up my job. Thankfully, my employers were generous and gracious enough to give me the chance to try working from home long distance. Everything I do is online and manageable. I was beside myself that they would even offer me this opportunity. I'm still in awe and so thankful for it. It has been the biggest blessing of a job considering all the things we've gone through and all the changes that had to be made to move here. No other job would have kept me around. For that, thank you mywedding.com team. I love you guys.
And to the point. I love many things about my job. But one of my all time favorites is proposals. I get to witness lots and lots and lots of marriage proposals. I'm a researcher...so I have the opportunity to see a lot of fun vendors across the country. And my favorites by far are cakes and photographers. But especially photographers. :) Being a photographer (freeeeelannnceeee!) myself, I adore seeing other peoples' work. I admit I've been a complete slacker in my own work...which I truly want to take more seriously. Like NOW. But seeing other peoples' work is so inspiring. And seeing engagement stories, especially the surprise ones where the bride-to-be has no idea she's about to become a bride-to-be, is my favorite thing. Today I found myself reading one such engagement story. It is unique in that the groom-to-be wrote his side and then left a link to read the bride-to-be's side of the story at her own blog. I love that! I found myself COMPLETELY tearing up over my work laptop reading their story (a common, common, common occurrence...how many tears have you witnessed, oh little computer?) and just feel all warm and fuzzy inside now...and missing my own soulmate. But not a sad miss. More of an anticipation miss. Knowing the time is ticking down until he'll be back again. Hurry home, dear. I miss your warm embrace.
If you'd like to read the lovely story that got me so teary, you can read it here.

Comments

Popular Posts