Prowler Ball!

Well...it's Monday (publishing this Tuesday)...and I had a lovely weekend. I took Friday off and got to John's on Thursday night. I had a reservation for the 6:45 ferry but somehow managed to snag literally the LAST possible spot on the 5:30 ferry which I was very glad for. I got to John's and we relaxed together and ended up making dinner and watching Rush Hour 3. Part of it. And then we watched some Miami Ink and L.A. Ink which I was stoked about. There was a great episode about a frog tattoo...and...I think frogs are cool...but this frog was seriously the most hilariously cute thing I've ever seen. It was great................I just searched google for it but couldn't find a pic anywhere...so...sad I can't give an example...but it was rather hilarious and I loved it.
Friday John had to help out at a golf tournament so he was gone most of the day. I slept in and bummed it most of the day. In the evening we went to this BBQ thing...but we took a nap in the afternoon and overslept (although I think we both really needed it) and ended up being really late to the BBQ...so late that they had stopped BBQing...and were almost out of beer. We got one beer and hung out with his friends and then voila the beer was all gone except at the bar itself. Then they suddenly randomly had some fried chicken and some jalapeƱo poppers. And I don't know what it was...no I do...being tipsy and eating that chicken...it seriously was the best tasting fried chicken I've ever had. It was weird. We ended up getting a really nasty pitcher of beer that was wayyyyy too bitter. And we danced and had a good time. And I got a great video of John dancing...And then we got a ride home. And John didn't feel so well. And was rather sick. The combo of the greasy food and the bitter beer was NOT a good one cuz I didn't feel great either. But on top of that we had another problem. We planned on driving onto base with my car to get his car the next morning...but we left MY keys in HIS car. So...we were kinda screwed in the morning. Thankfully John's friend drove him to get his car and then I went to get my hair done for the prowler ball. It was freakin HUGE. I felt like I was wearing a wig. And I say huge in the BEST sense. I loved it.
We got ready and made it to the Prowler Ball around...5:40ish? It was held in a huge hanger with the Prowler and the Growler on display outside. We agreed we've never been this dressed up together. We looked HOT. Because of the events of the night before, alcohol in general didn't sound too appetizing which was sad because there were tons of random drinking games around the hanger. That would have been fun but...eh...wasn't a good time for it. We had a good time though...I saw the biggest American flag I've ever seen...and we got a bunch of swag to take home...and I was given 2 free drinks which I didn't drink...and...I looked pretty amazing. As did John...as usual. We didn't end up staying out too late and it was nice to spend some time alone.
Sunday we went to church which was really REALLY good and then we watched half of Fiddler On The Roof (John had never seen it...crazy!) and half of Patton (I had never seen it...crazy!) and bummed around some more. So...good weekend. I will add pictures to this blog later on. So...be patient!

Comments

Popular Posts