Lesson 129483

Lesson 129483 in life: When needing a very steady hand, don't listen to Dane Cook. In fact, listening to any sort of comedy (which I was planning even before I spotted him on my Zune playlist) is probably the worst idea when needing a steady hand...besides maybe painting upside down. (I was initially hoping to listen to Jim Gaffigan...and no offense to Dane Cook but that would have been worse when it came to steady-handedness. We listened to Jim Gaffigan on our road trip out here and I think John almost pulled over a few times because he thought I was literally going into cardiac arrest from uncontrollable wheeze-laughing.)
I worked in my studio some more last night. And it was marvelous. Got a lot done in a little time which was very pleasing. I finished THREE Valentine's day themed Robots (finished minus the finish...get it?) and have several more to go (three more Valentine themed and 8 normal...well...as normal as it gets I guess). I'm stokified about all of them and can't wait to post them to my happy little Etsy shop. Weeee!!!!
In other news, I have been waking up earlier lately. I've been forcing myself to have more time in the morning to drool myself to the shower (zombie state) and then drool myself (a tad more awake) to the kitchen to make some drooling coffee and read my bible and pray. So far it's been going well...although it is very hard not to hit snooze on my phone (that passes as my alarm clock) every morning. And something very mysterious happens when I nap. I never hear my alarm. NEVER. Like either I turn it off in my sleep (not the first time!) or I just don't hear it. I think I need to change the ringer to my actual cellphone ring so I snap awake wondering if it's a call from John. We'll see if that works. Either that or I should give up naps altogether. Which is so not happening.

Comments

Popular Posts