Daisies

It's been quiet since New Year's Eve. I'm working to get back into the working routine...at home. I miss the office but I'm glad to be back in my little house with my kitties. I'm also excited because the longer I'm back, the sooner John returns! I talked to him last night and caught up a bunch. I miss him...but he'll be back before I realize what's happening.
My friend Katie introduced me to the show Pushing Daisies. Absolutely love it so far. It's about death...and other things. But mostly death. But in a nice way. You'll have to see it to understand. There's something about it that reminds me of the movie Big Fish. Maybe it's just the art style. I'm not sure. Either way...I'm smitten with the main character Ned. He's like Elijah Wood and Robert Pattinson mixed. Somehow. Maybe it's just me. But he's a complete sweetheart. And makes me miss John even more, darn it.
Other than that, I'm writing a lot in my free time. I feel like my story is coming along...I'm slowly filling holes and coming up with solutions and ideas. I realized I never told John anything about it (other than the fact I was writing a story...but nothing about the plot) yesterday. So I tried to...and it totally bombed. I did such a horrible job explaining the supposed plot...mainly because it is sorta still in pieces. But I felt like I explained it pretty well to Gretchen and she got it. So I was annoyed that it just was NOT coming out right. Maybe I'll just let him read it when he gets home. He assured me it wasn't dumb.
Monday night I moved my desk. It's one of those L shaped desks that cannot be moved by one person. But I moved it regardless. It took about 7 years and I had to literally move it inch by inch...but it's moved! I wanted to move it to the middle of the room so that John could sit on the other side with his computer when he's back. I can't hog the whole study to myself! So...that's done. Now I just gotta organize the study a bit so it's not so disastery. Shouldn't be too hard. I hope...

Comments

Popular Posts