Bathing Addiction

I think I have a problem. What you see here is bathing suits. Yes. All of it. Bikinis, one-pieces, you name it, I have it. And it's ridiculous. I have wayyyy too many bathing suits for a normal human being. And the clincher is the fact that well...MOST of them don't fit because I bought them forever ago but don't have the heart to get rid of them because 1. I bought them in China for like...pennies...and 2. They're all still so CUTE! But facts are facts and I needed to get some suits that actually fit and were practical (and of course still cute) and finally GO through this mess and pitch what I don't need/want. I finally did just that. Today. It took some time because of course I had to try each one on and assess whether or not it actually fit or if I was just trying to MAKE it fit. But I am proud with the number I got rid of (at least half) and I plan to do another overhaul in a few weeks. I finally got two one-pieces for doing laps that actually fit (one pieces never fit me right) and I got them for a steal at TJMaxx (AND they're Speedos). I'm also disappointed to say that I'm not impressed with Victoria's Secret's bathing suits. Don't get me wrong. They're very well made and for someone without ANY curves they might fit just fine...but they don't fit me. Oddly enough the first one I ever bought from them fit me GREAT. And then every other one after that has been a no-go. So...I will stick with the first one I got and purge myself of the rest. Someone I'm actually quite impressed with is Target. They make me feel slightly huge since nothing fits me but their XL size (in bathing suits)...but the fact that they DO fit me and look good makes me very happy. It's a rare thing.
I'm looking forward to the summer (can you tell?) and can't wait to enjoy the beach a LOT more than I did last year. So hopefully after this bathing suite intervention, I'll be able to do just that. :)

Comments

Popular Posts