Called

After getting a letter in the mail yesterday from John asking me if I would ever finish our Leave Trip to Virginia blog (accompanied by a sad face :(...), I finally got day 3 down! Look at my previous post. I was going to do 2 days like my previous one but after getting through day 3 I realized it was already a ridiculously long post. So day 4 and on will have to wait for another day. I promise not to wait months this next time though. Really.
I made a shocking discovery last night. As some of you already know, I enjoy taking pictures and started a very neglected blog called 'LiQi Photography.' Hehe...well...after googling randomly online (these searches really do have a purpose in the beginning) I ran across....LIQI PHOTOGRAPHY...except it wasn't MINE!! I was shocked. I checked it out. They're good. And it's not the same 'Li' as in my name (Chinese is a tonal language which means a word like 'Li' said with different tones can mean 4 or more entirely different words...confusing I know) but it's the same 'Qi' as my name. I'm still kind of in shock and not sure what to do. Should I scrap the name and think of something new? No one can pronounce it right. Valid point. (It's pronounced 'leechee' not 'leequee.') I'm up for any suggestions on what to do. I have been neglecting it. So maybe I should start fresh when I'm really READY to commit to it. Hmmm...things to think about.
It is a gloomy, semi-overcast Friday but I am welcoming it with open arms. Last night I was able to talk on the phone briefly with an old friend from China (seems to be happening a lot, isn't it?) and I'm pretty sure the last time I saw her was 3 years ago. Sadly I wasn't able to literally SEE her this time as she was visiting my parents in Washington, but talking to her was enough and made me glad. She is one of the most incredible people I've ever met and her language skills in Mandarin are unmatched. Insane. INSANE! She's currently doing work in North Korea. Yes. NORTH. I've told John about her a few times and every single time our conversation goes a little like this:
"Yeah she works in North Korea."
"Oh really? Cool! South Korea?"
"No North."
"You mean South."
"No. I mean NORTH."
"South?"
"NOOOOOOOOOORTH!! I KNOW what I'm talking about!!"
"OH dude, North? Really?......WOW...."
I imitated this conversation on the phone to her and she chuckled. She said she gets that a lot and it freaks people out that she goes into North Korea. But it's what she's called to and I commend her for pursuing it, however daunting it is. Few people are lucky enough to be working in the field they've always felt called to do.

Comments

Rolfe Bautista said…
That is such a good photograph. I feel as if I am beeing suffocated by the corn :)
I'm glad you like it. It is not my photo sadly. I found it by searching for the keywords 'black white field' on google. ;) So I don't claim any rights to it.

Popular Posts