Skin Artists

I forgot. I DID have something to write about.
I think I found my tattoo artist. For real this time. I'm excited at the possibility. My friend Monique got her tattoo redone today at a place an hour or so away. We were both very impressed with the guy's work and the redone tattoo turned out awesome. He's also an artist. And I'm very, very adamant about tattoo artists being actual ARTISTS to begin with...not just people who happen to know how to work a tattoo gun. Because it really does make a HUGE friggin difference. This guy's own studio not to mention the reception area of the tattoo shop were both littered with art work he had done. Both paintings and awesome sculptury works. I was impressed and asked him plenty of questions before we left. He does a lot of hand-bound books with really decorative covers and latches. They were awesome.
I still need to set the rest of the money aside for my tattoo...and I need to figure out EXACTLY what it is I am wanting to do. I have the rough idea but need to make sure I have my story straight. So...the time is coming quickly when I will get it done...and I'm excited to have an artist in mind that isn't 2 and a 1/2 hours away.

Comments

Popular Posts