Another Monday

Yet another weekend has wizzed me by. Not entirely sure how they go by so quickly. Especially when I don't even DO all that much.
I've been making progress on reading Flags of Our Fathers. Finally. I've been reading this book for...ever? Over a year. Heavy books just take time. Most of the heavy content is over so I am just plugging along through the rest. I found myself awake rather late last night for two reasons...reading my book and that friggin cricket. I am not happy about the cricket. I think I've determined it ISN'T necessarily INSIDE my wall. I realized yesterday there IS an indent in the house perimeter which would mean that wall where the cricket is chirping from is directly against the outside. But it still doesn't explain why the heck he's SO loud. Maybe he's wedged between the siding or something.
I went to a baby shower this weekend. I think my second one ever. It was pretty chill but fun seeing babies and baby things. Having pregnant people surround me makes me just a wee bit excited about having kids one day. But not yet. I'm definitely not ready. As they say, I'll probably be ready sooner than I think. But not yet. John has to be ready too.
I ALMOST got my tattoo priced yesterday. Almost. But not quite. I wasn't really prepared with what I wanted on paper to show the guy AND FURTHERMORE I wasn't even sure they were open Sundays. But next time I'll be ready. With cash in hand. Maybe not cash in hand. But I'll be ready.
I just saw a friend's pictures of going to the shooting range and had the sudden urge to go. I've never been alone or without John. May be a new adventure I'll have to partake in. Soon. Maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts