Switch

I already feel like a jungle gym and I don't even have a child yet. Thank you, George.
I'm not sure if it's this baby, if it's just life in general, if it's the state of my spiritual walk, or if it's John being away but this song is so me right now:
I have a long, loving relationship with Switchfoot. I remember listening to them all the way from junior high up until...well...now! They hold something special in my heart...because I can hear them singing something special from theirs.
Most people didn't become aware of them until their albums Learning to Breathe or The Beautiful Letdown (or the movie A Walk To Remember)...but I've had them in my life since The Legend of Chin. I walked down the aisle to the song On Fire by Switchfoot. Maybe this baby will adopt a Switchfoot song of her own. Who knows. All I know is some music never gets old. Some music has an unexplained power; it describes your situation, wherever you are, and reaches deep into your chest until it finds not your heart but your soul. That's Switchfoot. They say the words I lack, all the things I think about God but can't explain...they have the words.
I've yet to see them live but hope to someday. And, like the Newsboys, I'm sure it will be like seeing old friends again.

Comments

Popular Posts