Lists

A new page must be turned, starting now.
I used to be somewhat organized. No. Scratch that. I used to be somewhat able to remember things. I know pregnancy has some to do with it...but some of it is just...I have a lot more to do than I used to. I've tried daytimers and calendars and I never seem to use them. This morning, after completely getting off track about 3 times in a row, I finally made a list of things I wanted to get done that morning and afternoon. I got most of them checked off and felt SO much better. Some of them could have been very bad if I had forgotten. And the whole thing got me thinking: I think it's time to implement a new habit for myself...list making and scheduling. Today, I scheduled a time in the afternoon to go to a coffee shop and write. I cannot tell you how many times I've sat at my computer at home with the goal of writing on the tip of my brain only to be severely and irreversibly distracted. But today I scheduled it. It was GOING to happen at such and such a time. It WAS. And it did. I wrote for over an hour and a half. I rehashed things I hadn't touched in awhile and started looking for and fixing (or at least thinking and brainstorming) inaccuracies or contradictions in my writing. And there were several obvious ones I hadn't noticed before. It was SO FLIPPING encouraging to make that kind of progress. All I've been writing lately is notes, ideas, but no actual writing. So it was a very productive and encouraging day. I found myself not wanting to stop despite my laptop's battery waning.
So...the moral of the story is...I must start making lists. Lists, lists, lists. Schedules for my day, plans for my time, lists for what to do even if it's not all completed in one day. I'm excited. I feel like I waste SO much time doing nothing all the while I have SO much that needs to be done. This will be good for me. And it's time for a change.
Top things for my list tomorrow:
Read Art History
Organize/Declutter
Mail Return
In the meantime, here is some GOOD reading.
Photo: Lloydfineart found via Chennapenna

Comments

Popular Posts