Nest

I mentioned in my previous post that nesting wasn't a joke. I went through a period of time where I was oblivious to this nesting concept and when I heard about mothers-to-be going into nesting mode, I thought, "Well, surely it's not something they really have to do. It's just something they want...to be ready for baby, right?" Oh no. They have to. Believe me.
This whole nesting thing is weird. It strikes at the most inopportune times (ehem, when I'm supposed to be studying) and is very persistent. Here's a few examples of what I'm talking about:
-I find myself spending longer and longer periods of time in the future-nursery just organizing and "playing."
-I have a deep NEED to organize my entire house (read previous blog post). When I do organize, it's very satisfying.
-I washed some of Baby Chickpea's clothes as they say it's good to wash them when they're brand new. This gave me a great deal of satisfaction. I felt very accomplished while doing it and afterward as well.
-I have the sudden need to obsessively research things like cloth diapering, scour blogs about cloth diapering, calculate how many cloth diapers I would need for the first year of Chickpea's life, pick out my favorite brands online (but not order them), etc.
-I have my baby registries in a permanently open window on my computer. I check and recheck them ALL-THE-TIME to make sure I'm not "missing anything." Like the heck I'd know!
-When I'm not doing all that, I'm worrying about keeping the house clean for baby, researching cars, and just overall being distracted.
That gives you a wee glimpse of what nesting is like...at least during this phase. I'm sure a little later into the third trimester (oh yeah, I'm in the third trimester now!), I'll be scrubbing floor boards, washing curtains, dusting ceilings, and polishing the windows with q-tips. That sort of obsessive behavior. It's perfectly normal. Or so they tell me.
Photo: Unknown found via Lunch

Comments

Popular Posts