Open Those Blind Eyes

Today I found it hard to continue working after wandering onto a friend's flickr page of photo albums. Everything was so rich and colorful...a very welcome distraction (no I'm not a ferret...) and inspiration. I find myself compelled to compare looking at those photos to plunging my face into cool water and feeling that shock of "Okay, okay I'm awake!" after coming out of the water dripping wet. It's hard to explain any other way. My friend works in Africa...and his photos get my blood pumping again for adventure and motion and ministry...inspiration that could wake nations. Thankfully I have an adventure right around the corner. But sometimes I do wish I could plunge my face into the waters that would take me back to Asia or somewhere new like Africa, South America, Europe...
Take a gander at his pictures. If you have to add him as a friend to view them on flickr, do it. It's worth it.
It's strange living in a life where the purpose gets lost and I look back on my old life and miss that sense of...meaning. The feeling that I knew what my family was doing had a real purpose and we were reacting to a calling. I feel like this upcoming move is moving back in that direction...of going where I feel God calling and leading. Sometimes I feel like I've lived with my eyes closed...the one thing I hated and dreaded and thought could never happen. But at the same time I've grown so much in the past 4 and a half years. Maybe a period of blindness is what was needed...I refuse to live a meaningless life.

Comments

Popular Posts