Be My Valentine...

This weekend didn't really turn out as planned. Not in a bad way. Just a different way. And in ways.....maybe it was better than planned.
On Friday, after whirl-wind packing most of the remainder of my stuff (I still had like...maybe 1 box-worth to go but I needed to see John), I dashed off to the ferry to see John, my Valentine. I brought him chocolates and cupcakes and kisses. It was just nice to stop and spend time together where we didn't have to RUSH around doing this and that. The next day we got up early and he made me and his roommate Karl and girlfriend Katrina french toast. Really good french toast. Afterward we wandered in search of art supplies in Bellingham. We never really knew exactly where we were headed to begin with so it turned into quite the aimless adventure. But I think we all enjoyed getting confused...secretly. After drooling over our share of art stuffs, we made our purchases, and then went out for lunch. That night we watched "He's Just Not That Into You." Turned out a lot less chick-flicky than I was expecting...and a lot more funny. Definitely worth seeing. It was just nice to spend a day with friends. Then Sunday came along.
As it turned out, the breakfast-get-together I planned ended up being cancelled. The only people that responded were my cousin, my parents, and my grandma. The rest of my parents 5 siblings said nothing in response. No 'Yes,' no 'No,' no 'Go screw yourself...' Nada. So...I was pretty upset on Sunday. But it has passed. I'm just letting it go even if it is insulting and frustrating. To add to things I found out I owe a lot more than expected on my taxes. And by a lot more...I mean...the What-The-Crap level of a lot. So...Sunday wasn't my favorite day ever. There were some good moments though: chilly walks with my Valentine, old stories, good laughs, cupcakes, dinner made just for me, and really good church.
Today, John and I got up early and brought over a moving van to my house and loaded up all my stuff. My room is now very, very echoy and bare. It's a strange feeling...but also exciting in a bittersweet sort of way. I feel my body letting out a huge sigh...as this has been one of the biggest remaining stresses on the horizon. The move itself kind of excites me...but this packing/moving/getting stuff shipped part...definitely had me sweating a little. I'm glad it's mostly over. A little over a week...my how time passes too quickly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My Bride to Be and I saw Greg Behrendt perform live a couple of weeks ago when he was in town. He's the guy who wrote "He's just not that into you." I haven't read the book so I didn't know what to expect from his live show.

It was really good. He was funny, sarcastic, crude and humble. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie now.

Popular Posts