5 1/2

This past Friday, I left work thinking I would get to see John in a mere 3 1/2 hours (leave my house at 5:45, get to the ferry, take the ferry at 7:00, and get picked up by John on the other side around 7:35...)...8 hours later, I accomplished this and got to see my husband. I rode the 7:00 Port Townsend ferry over to Key Stone and could SEE the dock...when our captain said we'd be turning back because it was too rough. But not until after the boat's engine died in the middle of the water and all the lights went out as the insane ocean threatened to swallow us whole and the riders of the boat did quite the opposite and threatened to vomit (most of the passengers did...except for me). I've got to say that was definitely a scary moment. The woman on the other side of the booth where I was sitting and I stared at each other in shock when the lights went out (there was one tiny emergency light over her shoulder...) as if we both wanted to say "Did that just happen? Was that just me or did we just stall in the middle of a storm?!?" Thankfully we made it back safely but not without some cookie tossing and, disappointed, I stepped once again on solid ground...glad to be off that evil boat but sad that I wasn't on the other side sitting happily in my husband's car. As I sat on the phone with him and tried to warm up in my car...it hit me...that I had nothing else to do and I didn't want to wait to see him tomorrow. So I decided...that even though I wouldn't arrive until after midnight, I would make the long ALTERNATE trek out to see him...even if it meant 2 ferry rides, an hour wait at 1 of the ferry docks and lots of driving. 5 1/2 hours of travel time, all things considered. Needless to say, I made it and yes, it WAS worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hehe...thanks for making the trip all the way up here just to see me. I have the best wife ever!!! Love you lots!!

Popular Posts