Angry Wheels

Today is Friday. And today is the first day I got to use my new signature as a 'Wheeler.' I used a new card to buy my Starbucks and did a full second's hesitation when I was met with the signature screen. I'm glad I'm finally getting myself into the groove. I've been using my old signature for most things because I was still using old accounts and cards. Now if only my new debit would arrive so I'm not completely cut off from monies...
Today we are decorating for Valentine's Day at work...and my desk is looking bare as ever. It's not completely cleared off yet but it's getting close. Packing went well last night. I think I can finish packing my room and...well...everything else I have by tonight...hopefully. I'm hoping dearly that I'll be able to pack up quickly and somehow head out and catch the last Port Townsend Ferry and be able to see John tonight. But I'm a tad doubtful. If not, I'll go and see him in the morning.
So...I planned a little get-together for certain people to have the opportunity to meet John. I sent out an Evite and gave enough time for people to respond and RSVP and fit it into their schedule. So far...2 people have RSVPed...and they're my parents. So...I'm beginning to grow rather frustrated as the date approaches. For a variety of obvious and not so obvious reasons. Allow me to complain...I mean explain:
1. Don't complain and give a guilt trip that you weren't invited to the wedding...and then act too busy when given the chance to meet my now-husband and see us before we move. Regardless...if your previous engagements are so important, you obviously wouldn't have made it to the wedding anyway even if you were invited. I prove my point.
2. If you want to take everything personally and make it all about you, please don't waste my time. Last time I checked...it was our wedding. And last time I checked, we were all on good terms and I have a clear conscience. Is there a problem I should know about?
3. Check your email more often than once every 4 months. Please. NOW. Thanks.
4. Have the decency to tell us that you AREN'T coming if you don't plan to. Silence is not at all giving you brownie points. Or any other kind of point...besides -negative- points.
5. No...I don't have time to call every single person to see if they're coming, hold their hand, and walk them through how to check their email. You're adults!! WHAT THE CRAP!! It's a technological AGE!! Am I MISSING SOMETHING???? If my 90 year old Grandma can handle email...then I have nothing left to say...I am forced to just shake my head and bug out my eyes...the way I do any time I'm speechless at how annoyed I am at someone/thing.
Sigh...sometimes you just gotta get that stuff out...I apologize that everyone here had to read it. You may think I'm being a jerk. But I'm just tired, stressed, cranky, hungry, packing my brains out, and not in the mood to deal with family drama or any other kind of drama. The military brings enough stress on its own when it comes to moving...we don't need extra/unneccasary/dumb stress.

Comments

Popular Posts