Just saying is all....

When I heard Tegan and Sara's "Walking with a Ghost" for the first time, I was hooked. I'm not sure if it's their childish voices or what, but from then on I had a big appreciation for them. A friend of mine named her son Tegan after her husband heard the song "Walking with a Ghost." He initially thought it was two little boys singing and thought Tegan was a great name.
I randomly ran across then while surfing the internet in my boredom one day. I didn't hear one of their full albums until my friend introduced me to "If It Was You." Some of my favorite songs were "You Went Away" and "Monday Monday Monday." It was during a very confusing summer and we drove through the Olympics in her jeep with the top down and our tank top straps tucked under our armpits so we could get some sun even though it was freezing (Washington Summers aren't always WARM...especially in the mountains) and listened to man-hater music like Tegan and Sara and Alanis Morissette. That is a very good memory of mine. And listening to Tegan and Sara always reminds me of that friend. Not that man-hating is entirely a good thing (but man-confusing is entirely allowed)...at all...but sometimes you need those girl-friend moments to bond and agree that boys are much too confusing for their own good. Or anyone else's. Not denying girls are confusing too. Just saying is all.

Comments

Popular Posts