Anticipating Change

This month is starting to feel squashed. Like too much is going on. When the truth is there isn't that much going on...I just don't have much time in Washington left. It definitely has come faster than I was expecting or wanting...but I'm trying to get myself prepared. I did some organizing/packing last night to make the actual pack-up/move-out process a little easier. I hope to continue to work on this every day until it's time to go.
Honestly, I never really thought I'd grow to feel homey here. But I definitely do and I'm trying to savor as much Washington as I can. Especially Poulsbo.
My Starbucks coffee cup has a saying on it today about courage. And as this transition in my life approaches, I realize just how scared I really am. My last move was anything but easy. But that was for different reasons. I still find myself haunted by those same fears though. Even though I know they don't apply in this situation.
I'm excited to see North Carolina and parts of America on the way. I've never been on a road trip aside from driving across country with my family during furloughs...and that was anything but fun. So I'm excited to experience my first real fun road trip. Especially with John.
I'm looking forward to some warmth. And the more I see of New Bern, the more I like it. This picture reminds me of Poulsbo and South Royalton but bigger all at once. Except flat. I think the church steeple is the main thing that brings me back to South Royalton. I'm just anticipating change.
I was hoping to have a going-away open house before we left but as I thought about it last night...there's no time left. I mean seriously. None. With John's schedule, it would have to be on a weekend and even then it might not even work out. Then when I look at all the weekends, everything is full. This weekend I'm seeing my cousin, next weekend is Valentine's Day, the weekend after that John and I are celebrating Valentine's Day for real (but I'm not giving up the actual day of Valentine's Day...anything to spend time with him...) as well as our 1 year mark of being together (which was this past Sunday) and being married 1 month. The weekend after that...well...we might already be out of here if not in the thick of it. So...I don't know how an open house is going to work. But the more I over-think it...I'm not all that concerned. I am antsy because I know I should say goodbye to everyone...but how? How on earth do you go to everyone you know and say goodbye before a month is over when you're already working, packing, preparing and just over-all stressed? This is my third or 4th sore throat in what...2 months? I need to slow down. And people will just have to understand that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them. I feel the same way about Washington. It grew on me slowly, and I now I feel very fortunate to live here.

Your new home sounds like a fantastic place, too. Good luck with this exciting new chapter in your life!

Popular Posts