The Skinny

It is my pleasure to announce that I have officially gone down a pant and dress size!!! I ordered some pants during Black Friday (online shopping is the only kind of Black Friday shopping I'll indulge in...BACK, crowds, BACK!!) and ordered a size lower than I normally wear since my pants have been feeling somewhat baggy. It made me nervous making the risk on a purchase but it was also exciting because deep down I KNEW I'd fit them. And voila! So they do. I was talking to my mom earlier and she told me how proud she was of me for doing this on my own...and it really made me stop and think. It's so interesting to me that we will attempt so many things and fail but it's these random things that we just SET our minds to and refuse to give up on that somehow stick. I just got to a point where I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't see pictures of myself and cringe at how I looked. I couldn't keep making excuses about weight, fitness, how I looked, etc. And I don't mean excuses to other people. They were excuses to myself that I believed and every single one was a big fat lie that I somehow convinced myself was true. There was a desperation behind it. Desperation to explain why I couldn't seem to make a change. And that same desperation helped me get the ball rolling to lose this weight. I couldn't have done it without God and John and the support from my mom and my friend Kat. It's so much easier getting through something like this with someone else who completely gets how hard it is.
So what's my status? I am a pound away from my intended half-way mark. I am not sure yet if I will stick with my original goal or not...it really depends on how I feel when I get close. If I feel awesome before reaching it and decide I don't want to go further, then I'll go with that. If not, I'll reach my goal and see how I feel there. Either way, it's win/win.
Photo: Unknown found via Insanity Ward

Comments

Popular Posts