It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas!
It's funny. Last year it took ages for it to feel like Christmas. This year it clicked into place during my whole Thanksgiving weekend in Virginia. I didn't plan on decorating much this year...just like last year...it feels quite pointless. But I decided that since I made a wreath last year and never put it up, gosh by golly I was getting that sucker up this year. I attended a baby shower (at which I won my second ever baby shower game...if this is anything like my luck with catching bridal bouquets (after never catching one, I caught three while dating John, he caught a garter, and then he proposed), I have one more to go before I get knocked up...yikes! Better be careful who I accept baby shower invites from...) and came home determined to hang the wreath. No excuses. Sounds simple, right? Hanging a wreath? Think again. What should have been a quick, simple, even fun task turned into HELL on wheels including but not limited to nearly starting a fire, severely pinching my hand with pliers, drilling in a way that is in no way safe or regulated, throwing things wildly across the livingroom (okay, okay...just ONE thing), and tearing up and swearing more than once. But my determination and stubborness (and yelling "HOW HARD CAN THIS BE???") prevailed and the wreath is UP. I won't go into the gory details. You're welcome. But I will say that it involved much more than just drilling a hole and hanging the crappy thing. It does look nice though. Which makes me happy. I'm trying to have a better attitude. In general. I can get how you say...FREAKING CRANKY FOR NO REASON on deployments. I just FLIP OUT for no reason and then go back to normal at a moment's notice. It's a little scary. I'm told it's a perfectly normal deployment reaction but it still kinda sucks.
In other news, my school is having a wee art sale for us starving artists. And I decided to start up the wee little robots again! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here. I swear I haven't completely lost it! Anyway...I am cranking out the little guys like mad for the sale to hopefully make a little tiny profit. Heck, if I sold ONE I'd be happy. Since I have yet to sell one since their creation. Either way it has been fun to be creating the little guys again. They seem to be going faster or that could just be my imagination. I guess we'll never know...:)
Photo: Unknown found via GoCurrency

Comments

Popular Posts