In a word...FUGLY.

Despite finals not being completely over for me yet, this weekend is officially my "post finals" party weekend. I have an Ugly Christmas Sweater party to go to tonight (and I hear there's flip cup, beer pong, and the works...ugly sweaters + drinking games has got to = epicness) and then a graduation party (emphasis on "party") tomorrow night.
I'm kind of baffled by this whole ugly Christmas sweater thing. Because I have literally been looking for a good ugly Christmas sweater for the past two years...and have not had any luck!! My theme for both last year and this year seems to be "ill-fitting ugly sweaters of the most obscure shape possible." But both times they have not been true CHRISTMAS sweaters. Which can be remedied with hideous pins and such but STILL. One of these days...I want to find an epic Christmas sweater of DOOM. I almost found something just as good. It was a t-shirt that said "All I got for Christmas is this fugly Christmas sweater." Now that's classic right there. But of course they didn't have my size. :( I would have thought if any place had ugly sweaters it would be the Good Will...and I was right...they just didn't have any Christmas sweaters. Sigh...I ended up getting my obscure sweater on clearance at Target. I am still trying to figure out what the heck is going on here with the one I got. As you may know, I loathe sweaters. I don't actually loathe the way they look. I just loathe how they feel. It's weird, I know. I'm sure I've blogged about it at some point...like here. And here. Basically, my sweater last year and this year just make no wearable sense. Here's last years: It gave the feeling one would get if they transformed into a flying squirrel. You know...that extra skin under the arms. It was the weirdest thing I've ever worn...almost. This year's sweater is just pure confusing. At least last year's sweater mostly made sense. This year...not at all. I can't even explain it. I'll just post a picture. And that probably won't even fully explain the confusion that embodies this sweater. I'll attempt to explain: BASICALLY...so picture a sweater that's double breasted with buttons. So you know how the one side is longer and crosses over your body to button to the other side (have I lost you yet?? lol)? Well...now ERASE the buttons so you just have this big panel that crosses your body...and then add an identical one to the other side. Soooo...here you have an open sweater, no buttons and two giant panel things. That just hang there. I have even contemplated the possibility of it being maternity. But no success. It's not. It's just really weird. I have concluded it should be named the shoplifting sweater because you could smuggle a small child through a store in this thing. Kind of a scary thought. Hopefully it'll make a big bang at the party tonight despite being non-Christmasy. (And can I just take a minute to point out the coloring in case you missed it? Poo brown, coral, magenta, periwinkle, and baby pink. SERIOUSLY??)
Two strange things: Firstly, I've been wearing said strange sweater for the past two hours...and despite being ridonculous, it is quite comfortable. What's happening to me??? Secondly...I officially like Dunkin Donuts coffee. Again...WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME??? I used to gag at the mere THOUGHT of Dunkin Donuts coffee!! It's the South...it's penetrating my very soul and changing all the things I hold dear!!! AHHHH!!!
Photo: Meself, Meself, and Unknown found via Moderntshirt.com

Comments

Popular Posts