Goal Jeans

I've had pants and jeans on the brain lately. That's what happens when you go down a size, I guess. I'm half way to my weight/fitness goal and so I decided...I would treat myself to a pair of goal jeans, one size down from where I am now. Through some random luck, I got this pair for around a dollar. There's something entirely exciting and inspiring about goal clothing. When I first started out with this weight-loss thing, I had a pair of goal shorts that I hoped to fit into. In the beginning, I wasn't able to fit them past my hips. They are now almost too big to keep...which is invigorating. I seem to have a period every year when I go through my closet and find stuff I can donate and this was the first year I was able to get rid of things that were too BIG. It's sobering thinking that before I started this whole journey, I was on the verge of thinking I might fit better in plus-sized clothing. I even bought a piece or two and then decided I wasn't at that point and I needed to make a change. I'm SO thankful for a blog I read all those months ago that mentioned myfitnesspal.com, the site I use to track my calories and progress. It has been SO helpful and inspiring; meeting and becoming friends with people who are in the same boat is vital.
I've changed up my fitness routine and it is definitely working. I feel like I was hit by a truck today and I didn't even workout that long yesterday. I finally got outside my box and am really starting to push myself. It feels great to see progress in photos!
Here are a pair of shorts that fit me nicely in July. I KNOW, RIGHT?? I was so shocked when I tried them on and had them almost fall off because they're so big on me now. And check out my arms! I'm toning up! I'm just...SO excited. People are probably tired of reading about fitness and weight and sizes and crap but it's just such a big deal to me because this is the first time I've been able to make a real lifestyle change in this area of myself. And it feels great to SEE and FEEL progress. If you yourself find yourself wishing you could make progress, TRY myfitnesspal.com. It's been such a lifesaver for both tracking my work and also with getting support from others in the same situation.
Okay. I'm off my rant of excitement. :)
9 days until WA!!
Photo1: frankie b. found via Hautelook.com
Photo2: meself

Comments

Kaley said…
Oh how exciting! Way to go with the exercise routine!!! They say (not sure who "they" are) that it takes about 3 weeks for a habit to form, and it looks like you're well on your way to a healthy habit of working out and staying healthy :) Congrats: *long distance high five!*

Popular Posts