Choral Chaos


Dearest family and friends...if you receive a Christmas card from the "McClure" family with our return address on the envelope, you can thank Hallmark for that little preciousness. Apparently, Hallmark messed up our Christmas card order. I got the few address-less cards (Hallmark gives the option of mailing out your cards for you) sent to me and within the pile were four from another family. The McClure family. Normally having someone mail my cards for me sounds like an awesome idea...but now I'm concerned that the McClure's address book is getting OUR Christmas card and OUR address book is getting the McClure's card. Regardless, Hallmark is going to hear about this. Annooyyyiiinnngggggg...
In other news...I did it. I joined the choir. After much encouragement from my classmate who is also in the choir, I decided to audition. I was told that me having a class that interfered would not be an issue since it was only one day. I arrived to audition and seriously felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I was SOOOOOOOO nervous. It got to a point where I almost just walked out and thanked them for their time but no thanks. I was seriously tripping. Finally, after filling out some paperwork, it was time. I panicked the night before trying to think of a song to sing and even took a poll from facebook friends. I finally settled on "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess. After a brief introduction, I sang for them. Before-hand, the director gave everyone sheets to rate my performance.......................I cannot tell you how intimidated I was at this thing. I've only truly auditioned for something once and it was private. I only had to sing for one person. Thankfully, this group was very friendly, gracious, and well...awesome. I finished and they went over a few things and everyone was very complimentary and encouraging and then it was time for me to go (cuz I had to help my ceramics teacher unload the kiln). I asked the director in passing if I made it and he said yes. I can't tell you how awesome I felt afterward. I was/am seriously on cloud nine. When I told my classmate today how nervous I had been, she was very surprised and said I hadn't shown it. At least I'm a good actress. She was also surprised with how high I sang compared to my speaking voice. I'm infamous for my low voice. But I can sing high if needed. Not as high as I used to be able to reach though. When I was in choir before, I could sing soprano without any trouble. Now, it's definitely a stretch.
I'm SO excited to get started in January singing with this group. Expect much more to come.
Photo: Keira Knightly Edge of Love found via Mail Online

Comments

Popular Posts