How we forget

It never ceases to amaze me (gosh I use that phrase a lot) how we forget the simple truth that if you wish to do something, you must simply do it. I feel like this society has trained people to believe that getting rich quick or famous quick or awesome quick happens...well...quick. Which it rarely, RARELY does. And by rarely, I mean that in ways that should not even give you a glimmer of hope that the chance of you being the few it rarely DOES happen to is the case because that's just not how life works. What it comes down to is practice. Everything takes practice, pure and simple and straight forward. You want to paint? Practice. You want to be a professional Olympic diver? Practice. You want to sing? For heaven's and my sake, practice. I am JUST as guilty in this department as anyone. It's too easy to make up excuses of either why you can't do something or why you can't do it yet because you have to do such-and-such first...yet you say all of this without putting forth an ounce of effort into practicing. And everything just keeps coming back to that same word: practice. And yet we don't follow that advice. We sit on our asses and wait for magic dolphins to appear and grant our wildest wishes. What the crap, people?? Why are we being some ridiculously lame? I don't know about you but I'm done with that. If I've learned one thing this year it's to stop making excuses and move past your inabilities. You will NEVER be good at ANYTHING...until you stop stopping yourself and take a step forward. Case closed.
Photo: Unknown found via Keris Stainton

Comments

Popular Posts