Itch

I'm feeling the yearly (if not more often) itch to finish my back tattoo. It usually comes around the time of my birthday because it was on my 22nd birthday when I first got my tree outlined.
Tattoos are a hard subject to explain to people without them. I mean the concept is simple enough. You're injecting ink under the skin and creating art. Great. But...this yearning to FINISH this piece. I can't describe or explain. And it's something I don't know if John will understand. I would give anything for him to understand what it meant to me. But the money factor is an issue. Tattoos are expensive. More expensive than people realize. But the truth is...they're worth it. NOT always. Not every tattoo. Not all the time. But this one...getting to finish something I started long ago and correct a few mistakes along the way...I consider that far beyond worth it. Especially for something that has as deep a meaning as this does for me.
I'm hoping to get it priced soon so I can at least have a dollar sign to save up to. Until then...I'll just keep dreaming...
Photo: Unknown found via EmmaBunny

Comments

Popular Posts