DIE DRILL DIE

I'm officially in the throws of the first deployment meltdown. I want to scream, throw something and in the process impale someone. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I wanted was to hang some shelves. That's all. Shelves I bought BEFORE John got back from deployment the FIRST time. Shelves that I've been wanting to hang ALL this time but have not had the chance because everything always seems to go wrong with these shelves. Everything from the first screws being too small to hold the shelves, the second screws being too big to fit the shelves on them at all, and then when I finally had the perfect sized screw (I feel like goldilocks and the three bear's chairs and beds...a seriously PISSED OFF goldilocks...), I reach for the drill. Only it's not there. It's not anywhere. How hard is it to lose a 5 pound drill? Apparently, it's the easiest thing in the world. I search the garage, I search the house, I search the garage again. AN HOUR of searching. I find it under a friggin mountain of plastic bags that SOMEONE didn't recycle. Cough cough. Okay...so my blood is a low ripple but no harm done. Just a wasted HOUR. I go inside to drill...and it barely moves. The EFFING BATTERIES ARE DEAD. And do you think the charger is conveniently placed right where I found the drill? Or where we used to keep the drill? Or ANYWHERE remotely near any other tools or drill-related items? Oh no. No no...I do not have that sort of luck. The charger is NONEXISTENT. GONE. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what pretty much pushed me over the edge. Sounds lame, sounds minor, sounds like an easy fix. And it is. But the blood is at a full boil and everything I feel a need to get mad about comes HURLING up like vomit and I just want to let it all out. I HATE deployments. I HATE being alone. I HATE that everyone goes missing because it does. Every. Time. NO. Fail. Click here for proof. I hate that it's taken me THIS long to hang these freaking shelves and when I finally get the chance to do it, I CAN'T! I FLIPPING CAN'T! It's like I'm supposed to act out of complete impulse AT ALL TIMES so that life and the deployment curse have no chance of foiling my plans of getting anything done. Like "Oh I'm driving to school...WOOPS! Just kidding! I'm going to paint the house, SUCKAS!!" Sigh....so there you have it, peeps. The wonderful world of deployment rage that comes whether you like it or not at some point during a deployment or another. My "proof" earlier will give you a little bit of an idea. I just remember wanting to hack at people's necks at the slightest disagreement near the end of the last deployment. Apparently it's perfectly normal to feel that way.
"I can't believe it's Tuesday."
"Actually, I think it's Wednesday."
"SHUT UP FOOL! HYYWAAAAA!!!!!!"
I'm going to go workout and hopefully work off most of this steam. Before I break something or carve something obscene in my wall. Heh.
Photo: Unknown found via Gameguru

Comments

Popular Posts