Expecting...no, not me!

Yesterday I did my first-ever maternity photo shoot. I've been a complete photographer slacker the past few months. And over time I'm realizing it's more out of fear of failure than anything else. Which is entirely absurd and ironic considering by doing NOTHING I am automatically making myself fail. See whadamean? A friend that lives literally down the drive from me is expecting and asked me to take her maternity photos. I took pictures of her reunion with her husband when he returned from deployment and she loved how the shots turned out. You can see that post here.
There's something electrifying about being the one to capture those moments of a couple's homecoming and then having the privilege of capturing their moments in expectation of their first child. It's truly a magical thing and I feel very, very fortunate to be a part of it.
Our session was two hours long and started at 9am yesterday. The day decided it would be absolutely breathtaking and we were all thrilled for that. I had some ideas and they had some ideas and everyone was flexible so it went really well and we had a lot of fun. And there's just something about photo-shoots and fall.
In addition, my new flash that John got me for my birthday (I failed to mention any presents in my birthday post, I know) was nothing short of amazing. I started playing around with it the other night and about fell off my chair with how awesomely it performed. I think I'm going to enjoy this new toy!! And yesterday I definitely did. After the shoot, I went home and narrowed down 200 best shots out of the 600+ I took and then narrowed those down again to about 100 and then ONE more time to 20. I took lots of breaks in-between, don't worry. With the mom-to-be's permission, I posted those 20 on facebook.
The best part of the whole experience? The couple loves them and I keep getting compliments. The whole event has me inspired and excited for my next shoot...
Photo: Meself

Comments

Anonymous said…
congrats to them

Popular Posts