Birthday/I cut my hair!

I cut my hair! And I ADORE it. I went into the salon armed with a page full of hair pictures to go off of. My stylist Shara was stoked to cut it (a short-hair lover herself) and had a lot of fun with it. In her words, "it's SICK in the back." I couldn't agree more myself.
I have to say that this birthday is starting out much different than my last. I just remember this overwhelming sadness last year. And if it weren't for my good friend Katie coming to visit during that time, I'm sure my birthday would have ended in tears. As it was, it still ended in tears...but they were from laughing so hard. Read about my last birthday here. I guess in a way I got all my "getting-old" panicking done last year. This year...I'm just excited. Yes, I may be experiencing a minor quarter-life-crisis. But we're talking MINOR. Only a new haircut, new glasses, and new age to speak of. No sports cars on the horizon that I know of. Although there might as well be considering how much they charged for my eye exam + glasses + contacts. Holy moly, people. HOLY. MOLY.
Tomorrow is the big day. Which I guess is only an hour away...so I guess I'll post this ON my actual birthday.
I wake up, get ready, try to style my new hair, RUN to the post office to pick up John's package and open my presents with the kitties, meet a friend and drive to Wilmington (fill tires with air), drink tea and enjoy tiny cucumber sandwiches and then cheer on a roller derby tournament. It's going to be a wonderful day. :) Bring 25 on.

Comments

Popular Posts