Me Day

I've decided it's "Me Day." Why? Because I can.
I had a melt down last night. And I realized it was the first one in several months. A lot has happened that I think I needed to cry about but I just haven't...I'll post about that later. But it was good to cry...even if I was angry and frustrated and overwhelmingly sad.
Today, John is gone on a trip. He returns tomorrow. And I decided that today is "Me Day." I'm going to do whatever the heck I want. Which, so far, seems to be a pretty short list. There are a lot of things I want to do that I can't do without 1. spending a lot of money 2. unlimited airline miles or 3. being extremely irresponsible. Which...sometimes you do need to be irresponsible. But not today.
So today, on Me Day, I am going to:
1. Get ready. I slept in for the first time in over a week. I've been getting up with John at around 5:30 or 6 and staying up. It's now nearly 1 in the afternoon and I'm still bedhead and pajama-ed. So...to the bedroom to change I go.
2. Go to a matinee movie. Of what? I'm not sure. Maybe Captain America. Maybe Horrible Bosses. Maybe I'll skip the movie altogether and watch something here. Not sure yet.
3. Go to check out my church's choir. As I mentioned before (I think), I was dropped from my choir. And less than 24 hours later I was called by the worship pastor at our church to see if I was still interested in checking out their choir. So tonight is the night! I'm excited, nervous, dreading (because that's what I do...if I were a pirate, my name would be Captain Dread...not because I instill fear in others or have an awesome hair-do but because I dread things...ALL...THE...TIME...even if they're good things).
4. Possibly go grocery shopping for vegetables (my house has everything but vegetables right now which is not okay) and come home to...
5. Make crepes! I was thumbing through my Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook by Julia Child because I want to use it more and ran across a recipe for crepe batter. I normally make sweet crepes but when I started reading her savory crepe recipes, let's just say dinner was decided.
Now...here's the problem (of sorts). I just got a call and found out his trip was cancelled due to a jet breaking (BIG SURPRISE considering the youngest of them was built in the 70's...heh). So...there goes my Me Day. But...not entirely. I still am going to choir. I'm rethinking the movie because it's close to when I'd need to leave and I'm still in my jammies...with a cat settled nicely in my lap. Hm...thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.
Maybe today is a drawing day.
One thing I AM going to do for myself today: my English Instructor Ms. Saxon just emailed me telling me that she is going to be teaching a late-start American Literature class. I was just telling John my woes of not being able to take a writing or literature course this semester. So...I think that settles it.
Besides...how can I say no to this furry face?
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts