Crepes

I feel much better today.
I didn't end up doing most of what I planned to do. I didn't get out of my pajamas until around 4 in the afternoon. Yeah. I know. I didn't see a movie. I didn't draw. I didn't do much of anything. I did talk to a friend. And I did go to choir practice which was great. A good end to an uneventful day. I DID make crepes. And they were lovely. I was going to take a picture of them but we ate them too fast. So no crepe pictures for you. I made savory ones (cream cheese, spinach, and sauteed mushrooms) and sweet ones (banana, peach, and powdered sugar). All of them were divine. It was a rough start and a rough finish. All the ones I made in the middle were PERFECT. Like...restaurant quality beautiful. Still...no pictures for you.
I've been in a bakey mood lately. I baked banana bread and spinach squares this week. The banana bread was a little bland so I plan on making it again next week once my bananas have gotten nice and gross looking...cuz that just makes banana bread better. And maybe some nuts. And maybe some vanilla. And maybe, just maybe, some oatmeal. I've never been a big baker because I find it more stressful than normal cooking. I also get things much messier when I bake. Guaranteed. Not sure why. EVERY TIME. Without fail. Making the crepes was fun. Makes me want to make more things out of Julia Child's cookbook. However, I made the crepes WAY bigger than she said they should be.
I'm deciding what to do today. I'm going to make myself go to the gym. Because I was thoroughly lazy yesterday and missed out on some classes I could have taken. Today, I will not make the same mistake.
I dreamed about school last night. Lots and lots of art class dreams. And thankfully, they were not stressful. They were fun. So in a small way they made me dread school just a little bit less (what did I tell you about me and dread?) even though I'll be fine once it starts.
There's so much I want to say right now but I just don't have the words. So...I'll leave it with that. Now all I need is a real crepe spreader/spatula/whatever/thing.

Comments

Popular Posts