Windmills

I'm about to pass out from boredom. Sure, I should be working on my many Mexico trip blog posts, you might be thinking. Yes, I could. But I'm not. I did work on them today. And struggle, struggle, struggled with stupid pictures that didn't want to cooperate. Enough is enough. Now I'm just bored. And I don't feel that great.
It's one of those rainy days that ALMOST feels like I'm in Washington...inside the house. Outside it's muggy. And Washington is almost never muggy. In fact, I take that back. Washington IS never muggy. At least the Washington I know. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. LIAR.
I bought a watch today. It was random. But I bought a watch and it's a watch I've been eyeballing for several years now. I finally found one that was: A. affordable, B. not gaudy, and C. umm...something...oh yeah affordable. This style is ceramic and they're almost always (okay, ALWAYS) pretty pricey. And I'm just not one of those 400 dollar watch people, thank you very much. I bought it off one of those addictive fashiony websites that my evil (I love you) cousin introduced me to a few years ago. They email you when designery/nice things are going to be on super sales and then it's first come first serve. Initially, all the watches were on hold...and I'm telling you this because I think it'll be interesting? No, I'm just telling it because it's something to write which in turn passes the time. Anyway...basically, I sat at the computer for 20 minutes or so reloading the same page until someone's watch timed out of their shopping cart. And I SNATCHED it up all nicely for myself. But now that excitement is over.
Oh yeah. I've been having severe hip pain for the past...2 months? Something like that. Maybe longer. It's HELL. It goes away for little stints and then returns with a fury. My doctor told me to do windmill exercises...which feel SO pointless but I try to do them regardless. Up until a few days ago, I'd always forget to do them and I can't go back to her and complain of more pain when I haven't even done what she originally prescribed. So...sticking with the windmills for a week or two. If it still hurts, I'm going in. But I made a possible discovery today. I wear flip flops a lot. Which is horrible for me because I have very high arches and NO arch support in my flip flops. I decided to try wearing shoes with arch support for the day to see if that helped by any chance and it DID!! I don't think it eliminated the problem but hey...I'll take any relief I can get. Okay I'm going to take a nap or something. I ALMOST wish the summer were over. ALMOST. But not quite. :)
Photo: Unknown found via City Pictures

Comments

Popular Posts