Heat


It has been HOT here. Hotter than I remember it ever being the past few summers. But then again my memory has never been awesome. My hip has been thankful of it. If I didn't already mention it, I don't remember my hip acting up once while in Mexico. Part of that I attribute to the humidity. Something about the heat is soothing. Which is rather handy living in NC in the summer when the heat index is 116. Give me a air conditioned room and the pain kicks in. Its probably a good thing I no longer live in WA because I would probably be crippled. On the bright side, I was referred to a chiropractor who is apparently a miracle worker. No appointment yet but I plan on making one tomorrow.
I've neglected my blog. I know, I know. I have a lot to write about. For example: last weekend we went to Water Country USA. This weekend we went to our first rodeo. Ever. In the Mexico department, things have been slow because our pictures from the trip are literally on 4 different piece of equipment. And narrowing down which days are on what thing and then getting them somewhere accessible for posting has just been...well...annoying. So for now I am just going to apologize for the delay. And to make up or it, I'll tell you about the rodeo. Not Water Country. Why? Because there are pictures from Water Country that I wanna post. Not from the rodeo. So you'll have to rely on my overly exaggerated, often slighty disturbing or cenile descriptions. Aren't you excited. I know.
So we went to a rodeo! We had been talking about it for awhile and then *poof* there was suddenly a banner on the side of the road advertising an upcoming rodeo. So we planned to go since neither of us had been and after we found out our friends Karl and Katrina were going, it was settled. It turned into a sort-of double date which was nice. And as it turns out, Katrina became our rodeo translator and encyclopedia of all things rodeo because apparently her family was always into horses and competing in rodeos. Who would have guessed? Definitely not me. It was great having one of us know what was going on.
A few things struck me about the rodeo:
1. Rodeos are very, very patriotic events. I guess I should have guessed as much since I can't really think of a country song that isn't patriotic...but still...call me clueless. They had all the branches of services' flags which they rode around the ring several times.
2. Rodeos are also very Christian. Totally blew me for left field when they not only opened in prayer but said "Jesus," thanked the Lord, and brought out the Christian flag.
3. And last but not least...rodeos are actually pretty fun and cool! As anti country as I've been in my day, I found myself looking the most country out of the four of us (gotta love plaid) and thoroughly enjoying the whole thing. I totally got into all of the events, found myself admin Katrina a lot of questions and cheering for the competitors. So basically...the South has broken me, y'all. Don't be surprised if I pick up dipping and cornholing. Now I'm off to bed.

Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts