Rediscovery

So...I'm still putting off our VA, Balt, Outer Banks trip blogs for a tad longer. Maybe longer than a tad. But I will write about them soon.
A few years ago, a friend of mine named Kennith introduced me to a band on myspace named Jacob's Well. They were Washington based and did awesome worship music. He was a huge fan and soon I grew to love them too. At the time, I was working at Wells Fargo as a Lead Teller. One day, a girl walked in and made a deposit. At first glance, I knew I had seen her before. She was BEYOND familiar. But I could not place her! After a few more visits to the bank, we chatted more and I found out she was a Christian. One day during one of our bank chats, she began saying "My husband and I and a friend are actually in a band together..." and I finished her sentence and blurted out "You're Jacob's Well!!" She was surprised and flattered that I knew who they were. This was the beginning of a very cool friendship. Elise and her husband Rob came in frequently to make deposits and eventually opened a Bubble Tea shop up the road, the new survival place for us bank tellers. They invited me to attend their small group and I eventually did and I loved it. I introduced John to their Bubble Tea shop (and to Bubble Tea in general) and he was instantly hooked. Since then, we've all gone our separate ways. I'm now here in New Bern and they're in Edmonds in Washington. Somehow over all this time, I've never acquired one of their albums. Yesterday I remedied that and downloaded all three of their albums to my computer. I can't even tell you how anointed and awesome their music is. I've had their myspace page on repeat on occasion and every time I wondered why I hadn't gotten one of their albums or ALL their albums yet. It's definitely blessed. They get all of their lyrics directly from scripture and have an amazing sound. Check out their site here. I don't know if they have any groupies...but I'm definitely on the band wagon. Above is my favorite picture of them. It cracks me up.

Comments

Popular Posts