Poor George

I've found myself with a very, very sick kitty. Tuesday night George threw up twice. Since then he has thrown up 7 times and has eaten nothing and drunken nothing. I dropped him off at the vet this morning after visiting there with him twice yesterday not to mention one more time the day before. Sigh...it's been a long week. He is currently hooked up to an IV and undergoing tests as they can't figure out what's wrong. They initially thought it was a reaction to a series of vaccines he received. Now they're not so sure. Please say a prayer and cross your fingers for George. It doesn't look good. But he's so little and still just a kitten. It just breaks my heart to see him like this since he's usually the feisty, lively one. His sister Bean was very concerned when I came home empty-handed. She's currently asleep on my lap. How comforting kitties are. And how discomforting they are when they're sick. Hold on, Georgie.

Comments

robyn said…
ooooh nooooo! We went through something like this a while ago with Bishop. Turns out he has a taste for styrofoam and it clogged his intestines. My sister also had something similar where her cat ate cellophane. I hope he gets better soon!
Yeah it's funny because my old cat who's with my parents in Washington has a taste/addiction for plastic bags. She's almost 12 years old and has never had a blockage. I swear...she's like a miracle cat. I subconsciously cover or hide all plastic bags before I go to sleep every night because of the many years living with her and waking up to her chomping away at an especially tasty bag. Hopefully George doesn't have a taste for sharp things. We got results. I'll post about it tomorrow. :)

Popular Posts