All Better

This morning, everything is back to normal. George is happily glued to my lap...WITHOUT a cone, mind you. His stitches are out and he spent most of the night last night purring into my ear and hogging my pillow. He's happy to be back to normal and no longer locked away in captivity in the guestroom. Bean on the other hand is no where to be found. I suspect she's napping under my bed. It's like she spent so much energy scolding us of George's misery that now that he's back to normal, she's ready for a rest. I just hope she doesn't feel left out. Speak of the devil, she just entered the room. She has decided to use me as a bridge to cross the room.
It was so nice to let George out of his carrier stitch-free and a little confused of what just happened but sure of one thing: no more cone = more play time. He got home around 4:30 or 5 and never stopped playing. I'm thrilled to see him back to normal.
Last night, John and I went to our local sushi joint and indulged in some great rawness. Oh how I love sushi. Afterward, we got a few last minute things at Target and headed home. It was great to have a perfectly normal evening...nothing really special...but just spend it together. I realize every day I spend with John in my life, in the words of Ben Folds Five, that I am the luckiest.

Comments

Popular Posts