Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

This has been a long week. I woke up a few times last night to tiny paws running across my body and purring in my ears. We didn't want to put Bean all alone in the bathroom for the night so we let her sleep with us. Although I think we did most of the sleeping. She was beside herself with excitement at being able to STAY with mom and dad! She definitely misses her brother.
I made the decision to give George surgery yesterday. He was not improving and the vet was almost convinced there was something obstructing his stomach. She warned me, however, that it was very possible she'd go in there and not find anything and just wanted me to be aware. I agreed to the surgery and she threw in neutering him for free since she was already going in. Sure enough she called a few hours later and said they found a small "plastic star" in his stomach. She said it was sharp and she was amazed it didn't rip through his stomach. We were both relieved and laughed that he would have/could have swallowed something so random. I have NO idea where he got it. Which worries me...since it means I will probably have to toddler proof my house. Good grief...just when you think pets are easy.
I will get to bring him home this evening and then I suspect I will not be able to leave his side until Tuesday. She said if he spikes a fever, we have to take him to the emergency clinic as this is a very serious surgery and healing can be tricky. Let's just pray that never happens. It's amazing how much they've grown since this picture was taken. Sigh...
I am beyond impressed with Craven Animal Hospital. They have just been AWESOME and extremely reasonable in their prices for this whole ordeal. I'm actually quite shocked. I know John was shocked when he heard the total (in the bad kind of shock way) but...I don't think he realizes how expensive these procedures can be. And the deal we got was a DEAL. Every other person I've talked to who has ever had this sort of issue with their pet has paid several thousand. So...we got a deal. Gosh, I feel like I'm talking about dress shopping or something. Anyway...I love them and I'm so glad I chose this vet and not some other place or the clinic on base. I'm so thankful baby Georgie is okay. Now I just gotta get him healed up.

Comments

Popular Posts