Reality Check

I googled 'Reality Check' and this is one of the pictures that came up. The expressions on the girls' faces kinda made me laugh so I thought...heck, why not? The one in blue is my favorite. Especially her hand position.
Reality Check is the name of an old band that only made one album that both me and John really liked when they were around. The members went on to create their own bands etc. But this album was awesome and still is awesome.
We found ourselves in the midst of a real reality check last night. Both of us are overwhelmed, especially John. The following week loomed ahead and it was definitely intimidating thinking about it and trying to muster the little strength we have to get through it. But I know we can and we can't focus on our OWN strength which will get us no where. We have to focus on God's strength that's ours to claim. We can't do this ourselves. We had a good talk and a good cuddle, just enjoying each others' company. I realized that's what I will miss the most...just having him there next to me. John leaves in 2 weeks. A little less. It's very surreal. It feels a lot like losing my best friend...even though I know we'll be able to talk and write and I'll see him in 6-7 months. But it's still difficult to even imagine what it will be like to be without him for that amount of time. It hurts to think about.
But I know I can do this. I know we can.

Comments

Popular Posts