Deserts and Sand

Tomorrow is a day I've been avoiding for some time. But it's almost here now...and I know I can get through it. This morning John took all his luggage to base to be shipped off to Iraq. Tomorrow he leaves in a Prowler at around 7am-ish and will be gone for the next 7 months or so. This week has been very bittersweet...and wonderful. We've tried to spend a lot of time together and we've enjoyed some good laughs. I believe John makes me smile more than anyone else on this earth. Yeah, that sounds about right. We've watched several movies together (including a romantic one that I forced him to watch...although it must be said he said he enjoyed it and I caught him leaning forward and asking questions during it) and just spent time near each other, one of the biggest things I will miss. Just having him next to me. Tonight we are going to one of our favorite nicer restaurants called the Chelsea. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. And if I do, it will be haunted by foggy dreams of deserts and sand.
Jacob's Well's music has been my survival remedy the past few days. I have the few songs of theirs that I successfully downloaded (still having issues with iTunes...evil evil...) on a constant repeat. They never get old and they continue to feed my aching soul. I don't know if I've ever heard anything so genuine. It feels like God prevented me from getting this music until now...when I would truly need it and use it. This will definitely be the hardest thing I've ever done thus far. And that's pretty big as I've dealt with some pretty difficult things in my life. But I think those other experiences have strengthened me for such a time as this. God is with me...and with John.

Comments

Popular Posts