Her :)

Yesterday was the big day. We got up at 6, left extra early and arrived with 15 minutes to spare for our first appointment. Our first appointment was with a genetics counselor. I will go into further detail about that at a later (but soon!) time because I think it's time to shed a little light on a few important things. But before we do that...I'll just summarize that appointment by saying it was informative, what I needed to hear, and painless. Then was the goody giddy part. ULTRASOUND!! We sat in the waiting room and about 15 minutes after our appointment time, we were called back. It was BUSY BEES in that office so I wasn't surprised we had to wait a bit. It was worth every single second (and I read some interesting articles anyway during the wait).
We had a wonderful ultrasound tech named Stephanie who was very sweet and within seconds, our little bundle was up on the screen above me. All either John or I could do was giggle. The ultrasound lasted a whopping hour and a half. My first one was probably under 15 minutes...and I have zero complaints because we got to watch our...er...baby (patience, patience...even though you already read the post title...) for that long. She was much more developed, much more active and OOPS did I say SHE?? Yes, I did. It's become habit and it hasn't even been 24 hours. Our lab tech asked what we thought we were having. After telling her I thought baby was a girl and John thought baby was a boy, she said, "Well...I THINK you have a little girl..." All we could do was giggle some more in excitement and watch in wonder. She was ours. She was a stubborn little thing and didn't like to get into the positions the tech needed her to in order to check everything out. This made us both giggle and laugh and every time I laughed, we could see her jiggle around a little bit. By the end of the appointment, our girl curled up in a little ball in a tight corner and wouldn't budge. She had spoken. So we let her be. We are THRILLED to know we're having a baby girl and cannot wait to get to know her further. God, what a blessing.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Eileen said…
Congratulations, how exciting! :) I am happy for you.
Anonymous said…
i feel happy for you.

Popular Posts